Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Big Game Hunter / Bird Whisperer

Meet Nina: she came into our lives in August 2006. My daughter decided that my cat is not fun to play with and she wanted her own pet. Without my consent she brought a kitten home. Being allergic, I was not too impressed, but this cat has a personality that soon won me over.

Nina loves chasing birds, but while kreeping up to them she makes little noises, as if whispering to them. We started calling her the bird whisperer..

Last saturday night, Nina caught a bat and proudly came to show off her catch. She however, lost control of her catch and the bat started flying around in the room. I spent the last hours of the night sleeping with my head underneath the duvet. With the help of a next door neighbour we managed to get the bat out of the house the next morning, but that evening Nina was back with the bat in her mouth. My daughter and I could not catch the bat and decided to just close the door to our rooms..while the bat spent the last hours of it's life being a toy. After it died, Nina decided that a bat was not enough and caught a mouse, what a discovery when you're expecting to find a dead bat, only to find a dead mouse as well. That is how Nina became the "big game hunter". We love her to bits and no allergy will ever be able to seperate her from our family!

1 comment:

RobC said...

Wait till she brings in a rat almost her own size like Dutchess does! :-)