Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Elephants


As with so many other things - rObC made me aware that there were two sets of elephant ornaments in my home! I did not collect them as such, but they just happened across my path and without realising it, I had begun a theme!
Then on sunday I received a gift from rObC - a Glass Crystal Paperweight with a 3D Laser Elephant Design. 5 Elephants. Two adult elephants and 3 baby elephants. The Crystal LED light base displays them beautiful and I have caught myself staring at them for extended periods.
They are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for the gift rObC and thank you for the thought behind the gift. I appreciate that you witness my life.
In the movie "Shall we dance" - there is a piece of dialogue that really got to me:
"All these promises that we make and we break. Why do people get married? Passion? No! Because we need a witness to our lives. There is a billion people on the planet. What does any one life really mean? But in a marriage you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the mundane things. All of it, all of the time, everyday. You're saying that your life will not go unnoticed, because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed, because I will be your witness."
Food for thought.

1 comment:

RobC said...

This whole Elephant thing is a mystery that has been revealed... I never knew why I had collected little elehants, because I liked them yes but there was another reason! Little did I know I would meet another Elephant person! :-)