Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Touch the Sky

This photo is called "Touch the sky.."
This white daisy is a beautiful picture of a daisy flower. On warm sunny days she folds open her petals to face the sun. This particular day was an all blue sky day ... an African blue sky day.
(We do have beautiful African Blue Sky days here in South Africa.)
What does a daisy symbolize?

A little note before I tell you what a daisy symbolizes...

Always decide what a flower means to you personally, before you lend your ears out to hear what others think. Do not let the symbolic meaning of the flower spoil your enjoyment of it.
To me a daisy is:
  • open
  • simple
  • friendly
  • fresh
  • happy

I found other meanings:

  • do you love me?
  • innocence
  • purity
  • classic symbol of beauty
  • loyal love
  • I'll never tell

Found the picture while browsing the internet for pictures of daisies. The symbolic meaning struck me as true! My mother chose daisies to be the flowers at her wedding. When I sit in meetings I tend to draw daisies all over my documents. Never planned the pictures on the blog to be of daisies..so I guess I am fascinated by daisies.

1 comment:

RobC said...

I wonder what Sweet Peas would be... :-)