Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Reminiscing

I recently got all my notebooks together in which I have been writing down poems and quotes and things that have made a difference in my life.

One of the notes that I love came from a friend that I met while at Varsity.
It was October 1992 and he was Johan van Rensburg. If I recall correctly he stayed in Hartswater in a house that had speakers in every single room. He loved music and I have recollections of Pink Floyd playing over the speaker in the loo. :-)


He had a saying that I kept and today it has a whole new meaning looking back on my life.

EX HOMEO EST NOVUS OMNIS

Meaning: still waiting for a friend for the correct translation, but basically it means that out of man new things can always be expected.

In afrikaans: Uit die mens altyd iets nuuts.

WOW - Latin is a beautifully rich and deep language.

No comments: