Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thanking God


Life has a way of taking you in a wrestling grip and throwing you down so that all the air in your lungs are expelled. Today sees me gasping for air. After life threw me down on the floor a while ago, it kicked me in the ribs last night, leaving me not only breathless but also with a pain that is penetrating my soul. Patience is getting me through the moment, but what the long term outcome will be only God will know. I believe in His Almighty wisdom, that He will set broken bones and bandage wounds. It takes moments like these to make you realize how much a person has to be grateful for.


I choose to give my own weaknesses and the current situation in His hands.

Lord, I give you this parcel. It contains hurt feelings, neglected feelings, feelings of rejection, and all the other feelings this situation has brought with it. I will wrap it nicely, put a bow around and nail it to Your cross. I want to take my human nature out of this situation and want to ask You to take over and lead and resolve this issue with Your words of wisdom and kindness, all according to Your perfect plan. Wipe our tears and hold us tight.

In the name of Jesus I bind all negative words and feelings and spirits that has tried to steal
our joy, and I speak life, love and joy into our lives.

I want to worship and praise You for all that You are about to do. I want to show You my gratitude by starting a "Journal of Gratitude" - where I will verbally report Your miracles and wonders in my life. You have never left me on my own - You've always been there with Your unending peace and comfort. I thank You for giving me the same today.

Amen

1 comment:

RobC said...

Thinking of you in our prayers!