Sunday, November 16, 2008

Love Languages


The love of my life, V, is one of the emotionally intelligent men that I have ever met. I appreciate this so much. We had a conversation the other day about Dr. Chapman's 5 Love Languages. We both appreciate Physical Touch the most – but being at the beginning of such a beautiful relationship, I think we use all the love languages at the moment. I believe our relationship will be blessed with this knowledge. I have been surprised about how many people are ignorant about Love Languages, so below a very summerized version of his theory of communication.

Dr. Gary D. Chapman, author of The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to your mate focuses on communication between couples in a manner that entails more than just words. Do you relationship a favour and see what your love language is, it can only have a positive effect. He has a 30 second assessment that you can do to determine your love language on his website http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/30sec.html#love

Love Language 1 – Physical Touch

Kisses, Hugs, Holding Hands, Massage and Sexual Touch

Love Language 2 – Acts of Service

Mowing the lawn, making the bed, cooking, cleaning, fixing the gate and taking coffee in bed, taking out the garbage without being asked.

Love Language 3 – Receiving Gifts

Flowers, perfume, chocolates, note in his briefcase & the drill he’s always wanted.

Love Language 4 – Uplifting Words

“you look beautiful“, “I appreciated you“, “you did a good job and I’m proud of you“, “I miss you.”

Love Language 5 – Quality Time

Intimate dinners, conversation without the TV on, talking in bed, really listening & sharing, doing things together both parties love, being interested in each other’s hopes & dreams.

No comments: