Monday, July 23, 2007

"Cold" weekend

My medical Aid loves me - at least 'till June/July of every year.


Then my daughter and I take turns getting sick.
Usually sinus or a cold and last year I broke my toe.

This year the cycle repeated itself, but my daughter and I changed the roles. My daughter broke her arm and I have a cold/sinus.

I have a vague recollection of the weekend - spent heavily medicated.
Saturdays children's party was nice, I even on the way back home tried to take a photo of the lights of Bloemfontein in the final moments of sunset, but my camera's batteries decided that that would not be happening. This afternoon I will take my friend rObC's advice and buy some rechargeables.
Duracell will not be making their profit off me anymore.
In the meanwhile my local pharmacist will be making profit off me - at least until I can breath through my nose again..
My next door neighbour dragged me (protesting) out of bed yesterday afternoon and exposed me to sunlight and fresh air. We had tea at the Pretty Garden's Nursery and I had the privilege to meet her daughter's new boyfriend. Michael. What a pleasant, well mannered young man.
His parents came to South Africa from Zimbabwe and I was given the opportunity to have a first hand account of how they had to abandon their chicken farm and fully furnished home. What a horrible experience that must have been, losing the first house you ever bought and having to leave a country to ensure the safety of your family.
I would like to shamelessly copy rObC and end off with a quote:
Buddha said:
"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful."
PS - I will still get that photo and show you a glimpse of our beautiful city at sunset!


1 comment:

RobC said...

We still have family in Zim, must ask my Dad for an update, last I heard was that one farm had been taken.